Thursday, May 9, 2013

While I get farther and farther into the Hunger Games, I feel that it is only appropriate to show my disappointment  towards Peeta. Peeta would not make it far at all in the Hunger Games if it wasn't for Katniss. He has no really cool, standout skills and is always by Katniss's side.  He is practically just an annoying puppy that is always at her heels begging for her attention and her love. I'm not really buying this whole love scenario between Katniss and Peeta. It did not catch my by surprise at all and I saw that coming since they were both indicted to the Hunger Games. I think it is just so obvious and cheesy and it makes me want to hurl my book into fire. At this point in the book I actually am finding myself rooting against Peeta.

2 comments:

  1. Will, I must agree that when I read this book I found myself disappointed in Peeta's lack self reliance. I won't pretend like my eyes didn't light up when he offered to let Katniss kill him so she could win. That being said we must also recognize Peeta for his manipulative ways. However, I did enjoy for a change having Katniss as a strong female character. While Peeta's "love" for Katniss did not convince you, it proved to be very convincing to the capitol and he even had Katniss second guessing whether or not she wanted him. It is obvious that Peeta is a natural ladies man and he may not be the strongest or most talented, but he certainly has game.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Peeta! You have to remember that he didn't choose to be here - he's not a Career, or even as self-reliant as Katniss. He is a breadmaker's son, and he readily acknowledges that he is a weak tribute. He assumes he'll die in the Arena. A ladies' man? I don't know about that. But I do agree with you, Jack, that it's refreshing to have a strong female character, one who takes the lead and protects the male counterpart.

    ReplyDelete